Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm one smart cookie because of you - Teacher gift

Teacher Appreciation Week - Day 4 gift!

I'm one smart cookie because of you



I bought these chip/dip containers at Big Lots last year at the end of summer for very little, in anticipation of using them as teacher gifts this year.




I printed the teacher name on the computer and taped it to the underside of the lid.



I then used a Testors brand enamel paint marker to "trace" the name onto the top of the container. 

Marker was found it in the model section - It is used to customize model cars. It was about $6.00 BUT it works great!  I have found, over the years, that standard paint pens wash off, but this doesn't seem to.

You could also use outdoor vinyl, if you have access to it and a cutting machine.


I filled the container with all sorts of cookies, tied in individual bags or prepackaged.


I then tied with a pretty ribbon and attached a little tag, which reads "I'm one smart cookie because of you".


I really liked the way these tuenout out, and how very simple.  I will be watching summer clearance again this year to use the idea again next year.



1 comment:

  1. Really cute idea. I love how the pen looks-great find!

    ReplyDelete